I’m staring at a blank screen right now and it’s 11 p.m. I need to go to bed. This will be one brief post, beloved friends.
What a weekend. A low-key, fun weekend. Just what the doctor ordered.
On this Multitude Monday, I’m continuing my countdown of the myriad of blessings in my life in an attempt to “train my brain” to be one that is grateful. Not looking at what I don’t have but rather looking at what I do and being oh so very thankful because, shame on me, I should be.
My list continues…
11. Wonderful friends who make us laugh.
12. A birthday party in which a good time was had by all.
13. An almost two year old who wore nothing but a swim diaper and a party hat during said birthday party.
14. The fact that that same child was utterly and completely having a ball and could not care less that his Buddha belly was exposed while eating a big, hunkin’ piece of chocolate cake? Yep. I’m grateful for that joy and innocence.
15. Two best buds playing in the sandbox on a hot day.
16. JJ and I went out on a long, overdue date and had a great time. We had cheap Mexican and drank a margarita. We looked at shutters at Lowe’s (Are you thinking I sound a little bit like “Frank the Tank” from Old School right now? Because I do.) and read books at Barnes and Noble. It was pure heaven. I love that man.
17. It just so happened that four of our good friends also had sitters on our date night and would you believe this all happened without any of us planning it? We met up with them after Barnes and Noble and got to feel like I did in the days when it was typical to spend a Saturday night at an outside bar. The practical side of us said we should have gone on to Target to get our shopping out of the way (I know…Do we know how to do up date night right or what?!) but sometimes, impracticality just needs to fall at the wayside of fun. It’s summer, for crying out loud.
18. Books. I’m loving The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and can’t put it down.
19. The fact that my little girl is at the age now where we can have real conversations. We talk a lot about pretty much everything and I pray it will stay this way.
20. My bathtub. The heavenly bath I just took is the reason why it’s past 11 and I’m just getting to my post. It was worth it. I am getting back to center.
May your day be filled with peace and joy. And if it’s not? Remember that joy comes in the morning…Blessings to each of you.