Books Mentioned That I Have Read:
Same Kind of Different As Me by Denver Moore and Ron Hall
One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters and Boys Should Be Boys – both by Meg Meeker
The Sacred Echo by Margaret Feinberg
Operating Instructions and Traveling Mercies – both by Anne Lamott
A Short Guide To A Happy Life by Anna Quindlan
Books in my Queue to Read (there are several but here are a few):
If God is Good by Randy Alcorn
Read Kids, Real Faith by Karen Marie Yust
This Is A Soul: The Mission of Rick Hodes by Marilyn Berger
The Story: Read The Bible As One Seamless Story From Beginning to End
* Many, many more – check out my Goodreads “To Read” shelf by clicking on the sidebar icon!
Want more good book reviews? Visit Eryn at Mama Hall…
Random stuff I came across this week you might enjoy, too:
* Need a good way to organize the rooms of both your son and your daughter? HINT: Lego storage involved. Visit Jen at Daze of Adventure!
* Need a good Tuesday meme to share your heart with other beautiful Christian women bloggers? Visit Jen at Finding Heaven...(No, not everyone will be named Jen)
* Need some beautiful photos with inspirational quotes and scripture? Visit Christy at Critty Joy (click on “Quotable” in the sidebar!)
* Need a quick and easy Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe? Visit Stef at Layton Family Joy
* Need to know how to make your own laundry detergent? Visit Marci at Overcoming Busy
* Need to get away to a new bloggy conference? Visit Cheryl at Somewhat Crunchy
* Need to have some direction on prayer at the moment? There are some needing it desperately. Visit Cherie at Heart and Soul Reflections
* Need a new meme to join on Thursdays? Visit Erin at It’s Grace on this upcoming Tuesday for more details!
Whew! And lastly, hop on over to Michelle at Lost in the Prairies for more Caffeinated Randomness!
I am obsessed with books too (hence our love of goodreads!) I love fiction especially (reading the Harry Potter series right now…I am a little late to that party…haha!) And I am reading Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick.
I am looking forward to reading some of Mark Batterson’s books this year and Anne Lamont is on my list to read this year as well.
I am a big Donald Miller fan and his always rank at the top of my favorites lists.
I am also looking forward to finding some good fiction books this year.
(Thank you for your kind words my friend!)
.-= Christy´s last blog ..Prayer =-.
I hope to do a lot more reading this year. Thanks for the recommendations.
.-= debbie´s last blog ..No Wonder My Chi Has Been Feeling Off Lately =-.
I always enjoy learning about new books to read!! Hope you’re having a great day!!
I have to come back when the house is quiet to listen your vlog, but I did happen to see my name as I was reading underneath the beautiful frozen picture of you, and I wanted to thank you for the sweet words.
And, I am going to join Erin for her link-up! So excited!
.-= Jen Ferguson´s last blog ..Simple Pleasures- Arising Early =-.
Hi Natalie! How is it that I haven’t been following your blog??? I am now! I love this vlog. I am a big reader myself. Admittedly, I have not enjoyed reading many Christian books, but I’m trying to remedy that. I am finally reading Sally Clarkson’s Mission of Motherhood. Had to read that after hearing her speak at Relevant!
I have heard many people mention Same Kind of Different… Haven’t read it yet, but want to. Gotta get that one. Thanks for all of the recommendations! So very helpful. You seem so comfortable in front of the camera too! I love it!
.-= Jenny @ The Southern Institute´s last blog ..Reusable Snack Bag Tutorial =-.
Oh, my gosh. . .this list is going to keep me busy for awhile. Thanks for all the good leads!
.-= Amy Sullivan´s last blog ..A Meal in the Mail Yum- Yum =-.
Yay! I’m glad to have these recommendations for some good reading this winter! I am currently reading “The Devil in Pew Number Seven” by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo. Our pastor depleted WalMart of all their copies to hand out to some in the congregation. It’s one you may want to check out…I am really excited to read how the author extends her forgiveness to the one who wronged her family.