So we’ve started something here on the blog I’m loving big-time because it combines two of my favorite things ever: books and friends.
And by friends, I mean you. And by books, I mean really good ones – like Praying for Boys, The God Empowered Wife, and Unglued . . . I think I can speak for more than just myself when I say they’ve been powerful reads.
So are you ready to hear what our next amazingly-wonderful-transformative-make-you-think book will be? Wait no more, friends, because we’re going to read:
Here’s the summary from Amazon:
In high school, Kristen Welch wore a big, sparkly rhinestone “Jesus” pin to school every day and carried her Bible wherever she went. (Yes, she was that girl.) But she didn’t realize her faith, though sincere, was shallow; much like her artificial accessory, it would one day tarnish, no longer a true fit for who she was. As real life catapulted Kristen into places and situations she’d never imagined, there came a day when she stood shocked in the slums of Africa and realized in one desperate moment that Jesus wasn’t enough for her. At least . . . she wasn’t living like He was. On the brink of a risk bigger than any she’d ever taken, Kristen knew she didn’t stand a chance—unless she was willing to put aside the rhinestones and get branded by the real thing. Rhinestone Jesus is the story of one woman’s journey from comfortably living a safe, “good-girl” faith that didn’t cost much, to realizing that God was daring her to say yes to a bolder, more authentic, more dangerous way. This story of spiritual adventure throws the doors wide open for any woman who’s ever thought of herself as “just a mom.” Kristen will inspire and empower you to say yes to God right where you are—and stand amazed at how your life will shine.
I love books that move me out of my comfort zone and I predict this will be one of them.
Here are the logistical details:
1. This will be a five week study and we will read three chapters each week. Once you start reading it, you’ll see that it’s very quick reading!
2. We will officially begin on October 13. This means you have two weeks to purchase the book and get reading!
3. Visit the blog each Monday for a re-cap of what we’ve read and to answer a question or two if you like. (This is not a “have-to”!)
4. Join our Facebook group for our weekly discussions each Wednesday evening from 9 p.m. EST to 10 p.m. EST. This is a great way to get to know the other women studying with you and a fun way to discuss the book. I would much prefer to have all of you in my living room but since we live all over the world, that would be a logistical nightmare. Click here to ask to join the Rhinestone Jesus Book Study with Natalie Snapp group.
5. Invite your friends to join us!
Now here’s the fun part . . .
Are you in? If so, leave a comment below and simply to say “I’m in!” or whatever you want to say and you’ll be entered to win a free copy of Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly, Safe Faith Is No Longer Enough! I’ll pick a winner on Wednesday night at 9 p.m. EST and announce on Thursday morning.
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself signed up because it’s going to be good and we want you to to join us! (And don’t forget to ask to join the Facebook group!)
And here’s where you can order your copy:
Here’s an image you can pin or share on Facebook – please invite your friends!