So last week I wrote about the top ten songs that pushed me closer to God.
But alas, I love music of almost every genre. Almost.
Offensive lyrics that degrade others need not apply. Other than that, I’m really pretty good with it all.
But these…Oh, these. Hard to top. Evah.
And why 11? Because I had a list of 20 I could think of off the top of my head. When I narrowed it down, I couldn’t cut it to ten, so it’s a list of 11. That’s why.
Top Eleven Secular Songs That Move My Soul
11. “Blackbird” by The Beatles
10. “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum
9. “Let Your Light Shine” by Keb Mo – Completely underrated – LOVE HIM!
8. “Have a Little Faith in Me” by John Hiatt – Indiana boy…
7. “40” by U2 – This is kind of cheating since this song is about the 40th Psalm…
6. “Easy Tonight” by Five For Fighting – Copyright issue – can’t include the song!
5. “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John – Have you seen “Almost Famous”? Classic scene with this song.
4. “Southern Cross” by Crosby, Stills, and Nash – Copyright issue again…
3. “Roll Me Away” by Bob Seger – And I hate motorcycles. But this makes me want to walk out my front door and ride away. With my husband of course. But then I would miss my kids and well…I’ll just listen to the song and dream of having a “devil may care” attitude…
2. “Moses” by Coldplay – Love pretty much anything by them…
1. “Into the Mystic” by Van Morrison
So I forgot to ask last week – what are some of your favorite songs and why?
Great list! I am pretty much a fan of all genres (agree with you about the lyrics!)
U2 and Coldplay and Elton John…FAB!
NeedtoBreathe has been the music of my summer. I am a big fan of The Civil Wars, Adele, and Mumford and Sons. Also enjoying Grace Potter. (My guilty pleasure for the summer has been Taio Cruz! haha!) It is so hard to narrow down my favorite songs!
I also have favorites such as Etta James and Dean Martin as well as soundtracks.
I am such a lover of music…can’t you tell? ;)
Southern Cross is on my “top 11” list as well. :) :) I think “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel is still my all-time favorite though. :)
I have many, many favorites myself, but if I have to narrow down, my favorite present songs are:
1. Lead Me by Mark Shultz
2. Beloved by Tenth Avenue North
3. You are More by Tenth Avenue North
4. Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath
5. Beautiful Ending by BarlowGirls
6. Clothes by BarlowGirl
7. Walk on Water by Britt Nicole
8. Born Again by Newsboys
9. Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca
10. Headphones by Britt Nicole
11. Mood Rings by Relient K
Those are my faves! Go ahead and listen to them!